Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Development: Addie and the 5 Rules of Zen

I found this interesting article at http://bdld.blogspot.com/2010/03/addie-and-5-rules-of-zen.html  . It states (among other things) that one should remember not to add too much content in your e-learning designs, as you  can easily overwhelm learners with too much information. We should also not try and create the perfect learning platform - leave some blanks to draw the learner in and let them fill in the blanks. Definitely something for me to think about.



2 comments:

  1. This is so true. Often a LMs is used to dump tonnes of info that is on the lecturers hard drive about a specific topic. The LMS should enhance the learning, not overwhelm students.

    One facinating idea I got yesterday at a workshop JP presented was the use of a WIKI. In contrast to a blog (which is great for reflection and individual contributions and comments), the WIKI is a platform where students can collaborate on creating a 'document' / build their own learning materials /working together on a project

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stef, I think you may find this article interesting as it deals with the subject mentioned by you.

    http://www.biomedcentral.com.ez.sun.ac.za/1472-6920/6/41

    ReplyDelete