I am currently supervising 4 fourth-year students at Western Cape Rehab Clinic. Today I got the idea to do a small survey in order to find out from them what exactly they would expect from the proposed blog, and their specific needs in this regard. I realise that this is a small sample, but I only supervised 12 students during 2011 and can at least get some valuable input from them.
I really like your idea of a Survey to analyse your students' needs, context, challenges etc. Drawing in your prospective students/ clients that will receive your facilitation or course is a overlooked but powerful way of increasing motivation and engagement. It also helps you to foresee certain problems address them beforehand. If you could report on your findings on the blog (without disclosing specific information about students) it will be quite interesting for us to read and comment on.
ReplyDeleteThanks, I will do that. I plan to do the survey next Monday and will report back.
ReplyDeleteI agree with JP, the survey is a very good idea. I am also interested in what your survey reveals. Looking forward to hear what you find out.
ReplyDelete